Service Intake Officers
Kinections - Woolloongabba (part time x 2 positions)
* Looking for a challenging but satisfying customer service role?
* Want to work for a organisation that prides itself on the high level and variety of services provided to the community?
* Looking for employee benefits including generous salary packaging?
Spiritus is an Anglican not-for-profit organisation providing caring and supportive services in partnership with government and other support organisations, to respond to identified needs in our community.
Our staff connect with people on every step of their lives' paths, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the infirm and those most at risk in our communities.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Spiritus are working to respond to growing community demand for our services.
Spiritus is committed to social and community welfare issues and aged and community care needs, particularly with respect to disadvantaged members of the community.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for frail elderly people, wound care for homeless, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Spiritus is there, providing the best quality care available.
The work of Spiritus stretches from Cairns to Coolangatta, from Birdsville to Brisbane and reaches people of all ages with a variety of needs.
You are invited to reflect on our Vision, Mission and Value statements on our web site!
About the Role
We are currently seeking applications for two (2) part-time Intake Officers to join our dedicated Service Intake and Assessment team, based at the Kinections Woolloongabba office but servicing all sites in Brisbane City, Nundah, Wynnum, Inala, Ipswich, Logan, Jimboomba, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
As part of the Commonwealth's "No wrong door" policy, Service Intake and Assessment performs a vital role by supporting prospective clients into the most appropriate service stream within Spiritus Counselling and Education Services and/or supporting prospective clients into external services and following up with each client to facilitate service engagement.
Service is provided via the telephone and, as of November, will be expanded to include real time online chat and email service provision. Spiritus Counselling and Education Services provided services to in excess of 5,000 new clients last financial year.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Engaging clients in a positive and proactive manner for engagement with ongoing service delivery.
- Providing concise but detailed information regarding service types within the Spiritus Counselling and Education Service Group.
- Undertaking a quality needs analysis assessment (defined format) that identifies primary presenting conditions; prioritises interventions; and matches client needs/outcomes to internal and external service types.
- Matching client needs to Spiritus Service types and Counsellor skills base, including scheduling the initial appointment.
- Matching client needs to external Service providers, arranging referrals and following up with the client in prescribed time periods to assess referral outcomes and/or ongoing support needs.
- Providing internal advice and support to Counsellors regarding external referral options for existing client needs.
- Provideing advise to management regarding service trends, unmet needs, service deficits etc.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Superior customer service skills and experience.
- A passionate enthusiasm for meeting the outcomes of people in need.
- The ability to actively engage in communications via the telephone and online mediums
- An understanding of the principles and purposes of Counselling and Psycho-educational therapies.
- An ability to research and source referrasl options for clients (ability to think outside the box!)
- Minimum qualification of a Cert IV in Community Services Work, or similar, - consideration will be given to applicants without a minimum qualification where they can demonstrate extensive, successful experience in a similar role and subject to enrolment (own cost) in a minimum qualification to be successfully completed within 2 years.
- Attainment of a satisfactory AFP Criminal History clearance (own cost).
- Blue Card for child related employment.
Each position is for 25hrs per week to be worked Monday to Friday between 9am - 5.30pm. We will work with the successful candidates to create family friendly rostering wherever possible.
In return you will work within a small, friendly and supportive team; and have access to generous salary packaging and professional development opportunities.
For further information about these part time positions, please contact Fleur Creed on (07) 3435 4300.
Applications close Friday 6 November 2009